Dear CREMA supporters,
It’s my pleasure to let you in on some great news. The Sandler Foundation, a passionate supporter of CREMA’s shark and sea turtle conservation efforts is matching dollar for dollar new donor contributions and contributions from existing donors that are in excess of the last amount given to CREMA – up to a total of $50,000.
This means you can help us double the support we receive to protect endangered populations of sharks and sea turtles from destructive fishing efforts and the irresponsible consumption of their products that drive these species to extinction (shark fin soup, shark steaks, hawksbill shell, turtle eggs).
Please make a tax-deductible donation (applicable to United States citizens) to CREMA so that your support can be matched by the Sandler Foundation.
Your support will help us implement our 2018 shark and sea turtle conservation strategy.
With your support last year, CREMA was able to:
- Assure the export ban on hammerhead sharks from Costa Rica was extended
- Stop the egregious bill to reinstate the shrimp trawl fleet, a fishery responsible for thousands of sea turtle deaths per year
- Continue international research collaborations to define and protect shark and sea turtle swim ways between Cocos Island, Costa Rica, Malpelo Island, Colombia and the Galapagos Islands, Ecuador
- Complete 20 years of uninterrupted conservation of nesting sea turtles through community based projects.
- Complete 10 uninterrupted years of small-scale snapper fishery data collection used to define sustainable conservation and management practices
And there’s so much more! You can find an overview of all of CREMA’s 2017 accomplishments here.
Make a donation to our San Francisco based fiscal sponsor Marine Watch International, and help us meet our goal. Marine Watch International charges no overhead fees, so 100% of your online donation will be go directly to CREMA.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.